Hello Loves, late last year I was accepted to be part of the United Nations Associations of the National Capital area fellowship program. A chapter of the United Nations saddled with the responsibility of equipping foot soldiers to carry on the aspirations of the United Nations and its Sustainable development goals (SDG) for a better world.
On the 23rd of February I had the opportunity to attend the United Nations global summit, where chapters of the United Nations come together to support the mission of the United Nations and speakers take turns to reiterate with conviction why we all need to speak and act in one voice towards the pursuit of the United Nations goals and visions. There are few things I noted down from speakers at the event;
- That human rights should pervade across our dealings especially in regards to climate change, gender equality and access to clean water.
- That there is need to revisit the veto power of the 5 countries and conditions placed for a veto power at the UN considering recent US policy engagement, that has brought about its non-involvement in critical human rights decision making conditions.
- Data, if harnessed well can be used for social good as against infringement of privacy e.g Machine learning.
- There is a lot to do about climate change and self awareness
- The United Nations need to revisit its charter and realize a lot needs to be done in bringing about world peace since the scope around governance and conflict is changing, outside the original draft of the UN Charter.
During our breakout session I attended a panel on Technology for social good and weighed my opinions on Data and privacy in regards to its benefit. I also had the opportunity to question to an in-house member on policy decisions being voted for towards an equal standing for human rights in reference to refugees and immigrants.
Someone had quizzed me earlier to write on the pattern of God’s grace in ones life and if I could not gather all the evidence to put in a post, this should be a perfect representation. I say representation, because there are bigger things coming, a great way of showcasing who God is and why he never needs a human validation to take you to where he needs to.
One thing is important when he calls listen and do not give excuses of not being ready. Being well prepared gives us bragging rights and almost reduces the relevance and prevalence of God’s grace in our lives.
I’ll put a quote marked in my bible the New Living Translation (NLT): Isaiah 50: 7 “Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will. And I know that I will not be put to shame”.