Valentines day can come with a wave of emotions for single people. And the day can go from exciting to sobering in this age of social media display. Valentines single guide is a blogpost to help you maintain your energy throughout the day while suggesting activities that can spark joy.
This would be the second in a row of this series. When I wrote the first HERE last year, I really didn’t think I’ll still be single this year, hahah, but here we are again and honestly we have to make the best of our day and y’all I see that face, its not the end of the world. I decided this year to also pen down a singles guide to enjoying Valentines:
1) Prepare a fun meal : Honestly if you were in a relationship, you probably would be doing this for bae, what makes you think your single self isn’t deserving of that same treatment, spice that chicken up and have a nice, fun time.
2) Have a Singles Get together: This is probably the only way to let you know you’re not alone in this journey. Hold a picnic, with food, fun, games and laughter, y’all go ahead and talk about your single state of mind and let your emotions go to rest. By the way sparks may begin to fly.
3) Its a work Day: Fortunately for us Valentines this year, falls on a work day, can the church say a big Amen to that, if it fell on a weekend, it would be more solemn and some persons may probably be inconsolable. Dress pretty to work, celebrate with colleagues and drive home, you can’t stress your emotions that much (me being savage now 😜)
4) Call that Fellow you have a crush on: May the heavens smile on you, and he is yet to be taken, I call it the Zaccheus Stratey, if he can’t see you, make yourself known (y’all can thank me later) who knows God might just drop the love you need in their heart
5)Visit the less privileged: Orphans, widows, the hospital, your grandparents, parents, the list could go on, but you know apart from the emotional attachment to valentines, there are people who need to be loved in a less romantic way, like genuine love, as to looking out for one another, go with gifts and something fun to do.
6) You do know that Jesus Loves You: Year in year out this has and will always be a big consolation, that someone loved me regardless, before he knew me, even when he knew I might not love him back, and then he send the Holy spirit as a comforter, so when I feel lonely I have someone I can always talk with (emotional right now). So knowing that Jesus loves you should surpass any other feeling
7) Be Like Grace watch Korean Series: if you follow my Instagram handle, you will know that Korean movies have my heart, to you it may be something else like ‘BLACKISH‘ something that makes you happy…
if there is any other consolation, you are loved by me… have a wonderful Valentines day you can comment your tips below and let me know what you think about mine
JACKET/MUMS HAND ME DOWN
Dear, you look beautiful.
The dress is really amazing, and it perfectly suits you. Nice job in making a perfect outfit <3
Thank you dear Katarina
LOL at the Zacchaeus Strategy.
The dress and jacket go so nicely together like they were bought at the same shop.
Happy Vals Day in Advance Babe 🙂
Aww thank you so much
Can I join u to raid ya mom's closet?!! This Jacketvis everything! I might just come aborrowing.
My Birthday + Val's Day would be spent with family and friends at home with loads of Food, Cake, Pizza etc. I'm just gonna stuff my face! Lollll
Heheheh you are welcome …
I total consign with everything and the whole outfit is so on point… yassss with the pose
Aww thanks love
The dress looks really good on you. I'm a strong advocate of staying at home and treating yourself to a good movie, book or food. Enjoyed reading this.
4 Secondary School Habits that never left (+2 I wish stayed)
Aww thansk a lot, checking your blog
Those shoes are epic!!!
AWW thanks love
Wow… I've always been checking this blog out… But I felt I had to comment today… Wow! Grace honey, you look Lovely!
Thank you so much, love
Dress and jacket look so lovely together! And yes to those tips! Self love is everything 😬
Aww thank you so much dear
I love your dress and the jacket is so lovely. Yassss to all your tips to enjoying valentine day even as a single. I'm going to be at work with ribenna and other junk. Cheers to the Zacheus strategy and to those it's gonna work for. Happy valentine day Grace in advance.
Thank you so much my darling…
Yeah being single does mean you should not have fun on valentine's day
I absolutely love this Grace!
Superb post however , I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject?
I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further.