I did a quick search on Apple’s Book app to try and find the ‘Alchemist’, and found tons of books with the exact title strew all over the place. Hence, what influenced the decision of today’s blog caption with the author added, to prevent any confusion about which Alchemist I may be referring to.
|Photo taken by me.|
Today’s blog post is also my second attempt at a book review, see former “My Friend Fear“.
The Aclhemist is a renowned book, an international best seller dubbed the top 25 most influential books of the 21 century. Over 80 million copies has been sold, with translation available in over 80 different languages; initially written in Portuguese.
Me finding time to read the Alchemist (a book with a bit over 200 pages), is long overdue. I have heard people rave about it, and so when the opportunity came it took me 72 hours to read it from cover to cover, and I can say without doubt that the book is not overrated, although a few people posit so, but numbers don’t lie. If you are a student of the bible, this book makes more sense, and sometimes I did have to pause mid way though a quote and applaud the mind, creativity of the writer and stoic nature of the character ‘the alchemist”
The writer by using prolific allegory, gave to contemporary meaning, and associations to biblical characters like “Melchizedek”, “The hand of God” which both have connections to the bible. The book reaches a very satisfying crescendo and below are 10 lessons I got from the book. Also, if you are part of my Newsletter family, you will be getting an additional 10 quotes in your inbox.
if what one finds is made of pure matter, it will never spoil __Click To Tweet
- Every Blessing Ignored becomes a curse.
- Making a decision is only the beginning of things.
- All things are the manifestation of one thing only.
- if you pay attention to the present, you can improve on it. And, if you improve on the present, what comes later will also be better.
- …”If good things are coming, they will be a pleasant surprise”, said the Seer, “if bad things are, and you know in advance, you will suffer greatly before they occur”.
- forget about the future, and live each day according to the teachings, confident that God loves is children. Each day, in itself, brings with it an eternity.
- if what one finds is made of pure matter, it will never spoil.
- life attracts life.
- …”You must understand that love never keeps a man from pursuing his Personal Legend. If he abandons that pursuit, its because it wasn’t true love”. Click to tweet
- “One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving”. Click to tweet
Click on your favorite quote to tweet and comment below which is your favorite quote. Also do you want more book reviews and have you read the Alchemist?