Fall is the perfect time to give your living room a seasonal refresh. As the weather cools down, it’s nice to make your home feel warmer and cozier. Here are 5 simple items to help spring up your living room for the Fall season. But first, if you follow my Instagram it is no news that I moved again. Last year I had written a post about moving to my first apartment without a roommate, and I have found another space to share some home joy with y’all.
The last few weeks have been spent decorating for fall and I want to share 5 essentials to get your space feeling cozy.
Cozy Throw Blankets – Throw blankets instantly make any room feel more inviting. Look for chunky knit or fuzzy fabrics in rich fall colors like burnt orange, mustard yellow, or deep red. Drape them over your sofa, chairs, and ottomans for a quick dose of Fall coziness. For extra texture, go for cable knit, sherpa, or plush blankets.
SHOP LIVING ROOM FURNITURE
Accent Pillows – Swap out your lighter pillows for ones in plush fall fabrics and darker hues. Velvet, faux fur, and corduroy are ideal for capturing that cozy vibe. Look for pillows with autumn-inspired prints like plaid, leaves, or woodland creatures. Keep the patterns simple and muted. Brown, tan, orange, burgundy, and forest green are great color choices.
Scented Candles – Candles instantly warm up a space both literally and visually. Go for autumnal scents like apple cinnamon, pumpkin spice, maple syrup, or smoked wood. Place candles of varying heights throughout your living room and light them in the evenings for a cozy glow. Stay away from heavy floral or citrus scents which feel too summery.
Area Rug – An area rug with warm colors and textures brings a space together. Look for braided, shag, jute, or wool rugs with orange, tan, red, and brown hues reminiscent of the changing leaves. Layer your rug on top of an existing one for easy seasonal styling. Use a larger size rug to define your living room seating arrangement. Place it underneath your coffee table to soften a hardwood floor.
- Display Fall inspired books like cookbooks, craft books, and anything pumpkin, apple or autumn themed. Stack horizontally with bookends for visual interest.
- Incorporate natural wood elements by placing vases, trays or boxes made of wood on your shelves. This adds warmth and texture.
- Add lanterns or candle holders in copper, bronze or amber colors. Place battery operated candles inside for ambience without the danger of open flames near books.
- Arrange artificial fall leaves, acorns or pinecones on shelves as organic décor. Leaves in shades of yellow, red and orange reflect the season.
- Display gourds and mini pumpkins across your mantel. Go for white, green, orange and yellow colors. Add interest by staggering different sizes and shapes.
- Add warmth with candlesticks, lanterns or a set of wood log holders. Use these to display real or battery operated candles. Stay away from anything too glittery or cheap looking.
With the addition of a few key decorative accessories your living room will feel festive and inviting all season long.
Read more Home related content on Home Echo, and leave a comment if you enjoyed this post.