I recently got a tripod to shoot myself (I mean take photos of myself) and possibly fall into the temptation to do proper YouTube videos, I’ve been saying this for over two years. Anyways with being thousands of miles away, I have to take responsibility to continuously post content online and that includes being in front of the camera. Reason being ? Back in Nigeria I had a younger brother who was very handy and skilled in taking photos of me over the last four years (I miss him 🙁 you know).
Someone wanted me to advise on how to take photos of oneself and I’ll give a descriptive explanation, and attach photos I took using my tripod. I got my tripod from walmart for $25 approx (if you add tax), and it has to be one of the best decisions I’ve made recently. below are a few handy tips you may want to know:
1) Have a camera: you need a devise to be able to shoot with, which can mean a high resolution camera attached to your mobile phone, (Iphone, Samsung, H.T.C and recently the Google Pixel) or get yourself a proper camera if you have the funds to.
2) Shoot in safe & comfortable areas : Especially for someone who is doing this for the first time, you want to be able to feel comfortable, I did mine in the neighborhood where I stay at for weekends and since its a quiet area I did my shoot in peace. but then also beware that you’re not on someones property and they call the police on you.
3) Understand your camera settings: This is very important, set your camera to appropriate ISO so your pictures come out looking great, do this before attaching your camera on your tripod, and know your frame, if not the pictures will come out looking poor.
4) Get a lens: I’ll advise that you get a lens that makes your picture turn out great, this isn’t so important if you can get the above right, also when taking the photo you may want to mark the spot after you are done with the setup.
5) Get a tripod that has a remote control: I didn’t do this and it took me forever to get the photos I took of myself, I have a tripod for my phone that has a remote shutter and it helps a lot
what other tips do y’all have, and have you taken photos of yourself before on a scale of 1-10 how embarrassing was it? additional tip you can always crop to suit what you want. My current lens has an issue with focus, but I’m glad I got a few good ones. Oh well this and many more are part of the bloggers community struggle.
Thrift, remember my post HERE